Aperiomics, a Sterling company that works with advanced DNA sequencing and artificial intelligence technologies to identify the root causes of infectious disease, has raised an additional $1.2 million in funding to close its Series A at $3 million.
VentureSouth led the group of new and existing investors, which also includes Pipeline Angels, Atlanta Technology Angels, The Launch Place, Central Texas Angel Network.
Aperiomics is now raising a $1M Bridge Note to fund operations until a Series B closing. Anchor investor Tamiami Angel Fund IV has already invested the first $300,000 in the Note. Multiple Aperiomics executives are also investing in the newest bridge funding, the company stated.
“Our mission is to fundamentally shift the paradigm of infectious disease testing, so that healthcare providers have the most advanced tools to ensure patients do not suffer unnecessarily from treatable conditions,” CEO Dr. Crystal R. Icenhour said. “Thanks to the financial support of Aperiomics’ family of investors, our next-generation testing platform will be available to more doctors and can be integrated into the healthcare system as a new gold standard in diagnostic testing care, drastically improving our understanding of rare and hard-to-diagnose medical conditions caused by infection.”
Read the full article at: loudounnow.com
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci & AGT’s Jeff Galvin Join ‘I AM BIO’ to Discuss Future of HIV Treatments - September 14, 2021
- Data Center Firm DataBridge Sites Expands into Philadelphia, Maryland, and Chicago | Business Wire - September 7, 2021
- VaLogic acquires vacant Frederick building to create tech hub - August 31, 2021
- New Frederick facility delivers in-demand lab, workspace for growing biotech firms - August 27, 2021
- Intralytix Receives Fast Track NIH SBIR Contract to Develop a Universal, Scale-independent AI-based Platform for Manufacturing High Titer Bacteriophage Preparations for Clinical Applications - August 18, 2021