Arcellx Appoints Dr. Christopher Heery as Chief Medical Officer
Arcellx, a privately held clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, today announced that it has hired Dr. Christopher Heery as Chief Medical Officer (CMO) where he will have responsibility for clinical, regulatory and medical affairs.
Dr. Heery has developed significant expertise in cellular therapies through his time at Precision BioSciences and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) where he led numerous programs through clinical trials. As the CMO at Precision BioSciences he oversaw the clinical development of one of the first allogeneic CAR-T cell platforms and provided clinical insight into efforts for their gene editing therapeutics. Prior to his most recent role at Precision BioSciences, Dr. Heery was the CMO of Bavarian Nordic where he oversaw clinical development programs for their immune-oncology and infectious disease vaccine portfolio.
Before moving into industry, Dr. Heery was Head of the Clinical Trials Group of the Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology at NCI. During his time at the NCI he was part of the larger effort of the Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology to create new immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer. Dr. Heery is board certified in Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine and completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago after receiving his M.D. from East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine. Dr. Heery also holds a B.A. in English Literature from Duke University.
About Arcellx, Inc.
Arcellx is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing adaptive and controllable cell therapies for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. The Arcellx vision is to utilize our novel proprietary platform to bring superior cell therapies to more patients through the care of academic and community practices worldwide. More information can be found at www.arcellx.com.
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- WindMIL Therapeutics Appoints Dr. Kimberly Noonan as Chief Science & Technology Officer - May 6, 2021
- WaPo: Montgomery County to Spend $500,000 on Push for Global Pandemic Center - May 4, 2021
- Biotech Innovation Company Aditxt to Establish State-of-the-Art Immune Monitoring Center in Richmond, VA - May 3, 2021
- Bethesda’s Gain Therapeutics Presents New GBA1 Parkinson’s Disease Program Pre-clinical Data - May 3, 2021
- Novavax Initiates Pediatric Expansion for Phase 3 Clinical Trial of COVID-19 Vaccine - May 3, 2021