ATCC Hires Robert Gowin as Chief Strategy Realization Officer
ATCC, the world’s premier biological materials management and standards organization, today announced it has hired Robert Gowin as Chief Strategy Realization Officer.
Prior to joining ATCC, Gowin was Vice President of Pharmacy Operations, Analytics and Compliance for Anthem, Inc., with responsibilities for pharmacy compliance, pharmacy analytics, pharma strategy, pharmaceutical contracting, pharmacy profit and loss and administration, and pharmacy operations and implementation. Gowin spent 20 years in the U.S. Army in various leadership roles before joining Serologicals Corporation where he led enterprise initiatives, managed the company’s strategic plan, and oversaw the consistency of processes.
Gowin holds a Master’s in Business Administration from the Sorrell College of Business at Troy University, and a Bachelor of Applied Science in Resource Management from Troy University. He is a certified six sigma black belt from Georgia Institute of Technology and a certified Project Director from the Institute of Project Management.
“We couldn’t be more excited to have Robert join us to help meet our strategic goals and objectives. In his role, Robert will partner with the leadership and management teams throughout the organization to ensure that plans, capabilities, organizational design, and management are aligned and executed across the company,” said Raymond H. Cypess, DVM, Ph.D., Chairman and CEO of ATCC..
ATCC is a premier global biological materials and information resource and standards organization and the leading developer and supplier of authenticated cells lines and microorganisms. With a history of scientific advancements spanning nearly a century, ATCC offers an unmatched combination of being the world’s largest and most diverse collection of biological research solutions and a mission-driven, trusted partner that supports and encourages scientific collaboration. ATCC products, services, and people provide the scientific community with credible biological products, advanced model systems, and custom solutions that support complex research in a variety of innovative applications resulting in incredible achievements in basic science, drug discovery, translational medicine, and public health. ATCC is a non-profit organization with headquarters in Manassas, VA, and an R&D innovation center in Gaithersburg, MD.
Contact: Kim Testa, senior director, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, ATCC, 703-429-0775 ext. 2753
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Federal Realty Plans 10-Story Life Science Facility at Pike & Rose to Fuel Extension of Montgomery County’s Life Science and Biotech Corridor to North Bethesda - December 1, 2021
- BioHealth Capital Region Spotlight: Creative Bio-Peptides Awarded $5.78 from NIH to Develop Breakthrough Treatments for Neuroinflammatory/Neurodegenerative Indications - November 30, 2021
- IndyGeneUS AI, Inc. to Acquire the World’s First Blockchain-Mediated Free Market For Genetic Data, EncrypGen - November 29, 2021
- NeuExcell Therapeutics, Inc. Signs Lease with The Discovery Labs to Establish Corporate Headquarters in the Philadelphia Region - November 23, 2021
- Red Cell Forms Zephyr AI to Revolutionize Drug Discovery and Precision Medicine - November 23, 2021