Be Featured, Get Noticed
Are you looking for an opportunity to celebrate a member of your team?
Perhaps you have a thought leadership piece that you’d like to share with our community of life science professionals, employers, and jobseekers?
You’re in the right place! BioBuzz has numerous opportunities to feature you or a colleague.
What we cover
BioBuzz primarily covers the following beats: Biopharma, biotech, medtech, life science real estate, life science services (supplies, lab space, funding agencies, etc), career resources, and employer resources
Currently, our markets include the BioHealth Capital Region (DC/MD/VA), Greater Philadelphia (Greater Philadelphia, Southern NJ, and DE), and Research Triangle Park (North Carolina)
About our readers
· Jobseekers (All levels) – From current students to those who have been in the industry for years and are looking to make a change, we help provide career resources and information on what companies are in our readers’ backyard.
· Employers – We offer resources and insights to help employers find and retain top talent in order to become a go to resource for HR, Recruiters and Hiring managers looking to get a leg up in this competitive talent market.
· Executives / Investors / KOLs – Our industry insights, trends and spotlights on startups and growing companies, executives-to-know, events and investment news keeps industry leaders in the know of the important things happening in their local region.
· Life Science Enthusiasts – We also appeal to anyone who is generally interested in regional life science news, whether than be an investor or someone who works in the industry.
Types of content
Guest Posts: Have an idea or perspective you’d like to share with our community? Rather than start your own blog and build your audience from scratch, through Guest Posts you can write and submit an article to be featured on our existing platform.
Guest Posts should be written by someone with expertise on the topic – you do not necessarily need to be a C-suite or senior leader, but you must show that you are very knowledgeable in a particular area.
In Conversation: “In Conversation” articles are another way to showcase your thought leadership when you don’t have time to write an article from scratch. Our editorial team will set up an interview with you and write the article in a Q&A style format.
For this article, we strongly prefer to feature senior leadership or C-suite. We will not automatically dismiss someone who is more junior, but we will likely request more information to see if the person would be a good fit.
5 Questions With: “5 Questions With” is a popular article series were we ask a person questions about their career background, their current role, and something fun such as your favorite vacation destination or your hobbies.
For “5 Questions With” we are happy to interview anybody, no matter their career level. We will send you questions to respond to based on what we know about you – you will fill them out on your own time and send back to us. No interview required.
People on the Move: Have a new hire or want to celebrate a recent promotion? “People on the Move” is a great way to recognize your talent.
Anyone can be submitted for a “People on the Move” – you do not have to be senior leadership to be featured. You can either submit a press release for us to share or a brief blurb about the person, their background, and their new role.
Guest Posts and “In Conversation” Pieces
For Guest Posts and “In Conversation” pieces, you first need to send a brief abstract/pitch to BioBuzz Managing Editor Sarah Ellinwood ([email protected]). She will review your idea and let you know if you are approved.
“5 Questions With” and “People on the Move” Pieces
For “5 Questions With” and “People on the Move”, you first need to reach out to BioBuzz Managing Editor Sarah Ellinwood ([email protected]) with the name and details of who you’d like to feature. She will review and give you more information for submission.
Guidelines For Submission
- The author or people to be featured do not need to reside in our covered markets; however, the company they work for should have a presence in one or more of our markets.
- While we generally prefer original content, we are happy to share content that has been posted on another blog or website. However, you must provide the link to where the content was originally published.
- All metrics, data, and numbers including in your article need to be cited.
- We do not provide footnotes, references, etc. for citations at the end of our articles. Please hyperlink to the website/report you’d like to reference within the article text.
- Articles should have a clear call-to-action when possible.
- BioBuzz holds the final decision to approve or deny publication of an article. BioBuzz also reserves the right to make final changes to the text before publishing to catch typos, improve readability, optimize for web traffic, and fit to our editorial standards.
- We have a rolling submission schedule. All contributed articles run as needed and on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- For Guest Posts, we request a high quality headshot and brief 1-paragraph bio for the author, as well as any additional collateral to be included (images, videos, etc). Please note that it is the author’s responsibility to ensure they have copyright permission to use shared collateral.