Have you thought about a career in Biotech?
The only degree you need is a high degree of interest in a good job that makes a difference in the world
Biotech Jobs Provide Amazing Career Opportunities for Everyone
- $50K avg. starting salaries
- Family Healthcare Benefits
- Continuing Education & Tuition reimbursement programs
- The opportunity for a stable career in a recession and pandemic proof industry
- Life changing work that aims to cure Cancer, HIV, Diabetes, Alzheimers, and many other diseases or to produce vaccines and diagnostics for COVID-19 that safeguard people around the world
Most people don’t know what kind of jobs there are in the biotech field. They think you need a Ph.D. or a college degree, here are thousands of Laboratory and Biomanufacturing jobs with employers that don’t require previous experience.
So if you are looking to start your career or transition from work in another field, or just find a more stable and rewarding job – there are companies looking to hire people like you!
All of these companies are hiring and looking for talent like you.
Check out James’ story on hear how a career in biotech can change your life…
Maybe you’ll be a Vice President one day sharing this same message.
Take Our Career Quiz to Find Out What Jobs are Right for You!
What does it take to get a start in biotech?
There are many paths that you can take to get your first job in the biotech field. It starts with learning about the various positions and what you think would be best for you. Don’t worry… we’ll help you with that.
No Experience. No Degree? No problem.
Some companies will hire you directly and offer training, but depending on the job you are applying to, most companies will want to see that you’ve had some basic training. Here are some options.
- Take BioBuzz’ online learning to get your Biotech 101 basics.
- Explore one of the state’s free Bootcamps. These are 16 week immersive training programs.
- Nonprofit organizations like BTI in Baltimore offer lab tech training course.
- Community Colleges like CCBC, Frederick Community College and Montgomery College all have non-degreed biotech certificates that you can take.
BioBuzz is here to help. So if you’re interested in either of these paths. Take our Quiz and we’ll be in touch with more information to help you continue to explore your career journey into the biotech industry.
Our mission at BioBuzz is to help you navigate this journey. This is a free service that we offer to help to increase access to rewarding careers to under represented communities in the life sciences field.
We look forward to working with you!