RICHMOND, Va., Dec. 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — BRAINBox Solutions today announced it is beginning enrollment in its pivotal clinical trial, HeadSMART II (Head injury Serum markers and Multi-modalities for Assessing Response to Trauma), of the company’s concussion diagnostic and prognostic test, BRAINBox TBI. The multi-national, multi-site trial, which will enroll up to 2,000 patients, aims to generate data to support an application for regulatory clearance by the U.S. FDA.
The BRAINBox TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) test will be the first objective test designed to assist in the diagnosis of concussion and provide an assessment of the risk of chronic injury. The FDA has granted the test Breakthrough Device designation.
“We do not have a validated objective method to determine an early TBI diagnosis. While a head CT identifies anatomic abnormality, it does not predict post-concussive symptoms or disability at the time when interventions change outcomes. We need an early objective test,” said W. Franklin Peacock MD FACEP, the Principal Investigator of the study. Dr. Peacock is Professor of Emergency Medicine and Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine.
Read the full article at: www.biohealthcapital.com
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Contraline Closes $10.7 Million Series A Financing to Become a Clinical Stage Company | Business Wire - October 21, 2021
- D&D Pharmatech Raises $51M in Series C Financing to Advance Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Neurodegenerative, Fibrotic, and Metabolic Diseases - October 19, 2021
- RoosterBio Names Life Science Industry Leader, Timothy M. Kelly, Ph.D., as New Chief Executive Officer - October 5, 2021
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Awarded Additional $8 Million from U.S. Department of Defense for Clinical Advancement of Phage to Address Unmet Needs in Infectious Diseases - September 30, 2021
- Cartesian Therapeutics to double footprint, headcount in Gaithersburg - September 30, 2021