Cartesian Therapeutics to double footprint, headcount in Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg’s Cartesian Therapeutics Inc. is expanding its local footprint and initiating an aggressive hiring spree as the company bolsters its leadership team — and looks to get a cell therapy candidate through the clinic.
The biopharma, which already occupies about 4,500 square feet at 704 Quince Orchard Road, is taking over another 3,500 square feet adjacent to its existing space in the building, Dr. Murat Kalayoglu, president and CEO of Cartesian, told the Washington Business Journal.
The company declined to disclose the projected cost of the expansion, citing confidentiality reasons per its contract with Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc. (NYSE: ARE), which in partnership with South Duvall — an affiliate of Rockville’s Scheer Partners — paid $6.9 million for the 80,000-square-foot office building in 2018. The building in the Gaithersburg biotech corridor is also home to a flurry of local players, including Novavax Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX), miRecule Inc., VLP Therapeutics Inc. and others.
Read the full article at: www.bizjournals.com
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Contraline Closes $10.7 Million Series A Financing to Become a Clinical Stage Company | Business Wire - October 21, 2021
- D&D Pharmatech Raises $51M in Series C Financing to Advance Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Neurodegenerative, Fibrotic, and Metabolic Diseases - October 19, 2021
- RoosterBio Names Life Science Industry Leader, Timothy M. Kelly, Ph.D., as New Chief Executive Officer - October 5, 2021
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Awarded Additional $8 Million from U.S. Department of Defense for Clinical Advancement of Phage to Address Unmet Needs in Infectious Diseases - September 30, 2021
- Cartesian Therapeutics to double footprint, headcount in Gaithersburg - September 30, 2021