ROCKVILLE, MD and CHESTERBROOK, PA, USA I December 08, 2020 I Cerecor Inc. (NASDAQ: CERC), a biopharmaceutical company focused on becoming a leader in development and commercialization of treatments for rare and orphan diseases, today announced that its Investigational New Drug Application (IND) to study the use of CERC-007 to treat relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (MM) has been accepted by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is now open. The first study will be a U.S. multicenter Phase 1b clinical trial. Initial data is expected in the first quarter of 2021.
“Elevated levels of IL-18 are correlated with poor survival in patients with multiple myeloma1,” said H. Jeffrey Wilkins, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Cerecor. “Targeting and reducing IL-18 using CERC-007 may substantially benefit relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma patients. Our first study under this new IND will give us important information about the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, dose, safety and preliminary efficacy that should illuminate the path forward. We look forward to sharing the data with the scientific and medical communities in the first quarter of 2021.”
The planned Phase 1b clinical trial is a U.S. multicenter, open-label, dose-escalation, sequential group study of CERC-007 as a monotherapy in approximately 30 patients with relapsed or refractory MM. The primary objectives of the study will be to determine the safety and tolerability of CERC-007, the recommended Phase 2 dose, and preliminary efficacy as measured by response rate in accordance with International Myeloma Working Group (IMWG) criteria.
Read the full article at: pipelinereview.com
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021