Emergent BioSolutions Welcomes Syed T. Husain as their New Senior Vice President, CDMO Business Unit Head
Mr. Husain joined Emergent in September 2019 and serves as the head of the contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) business unit. He most recently served as chief commercial officer at Alcami Corporation. Prior to that, he was head of the business unit, head of sales and business development, and held increasing levels of responsibility within sales and business development at Lonza. He began his career in vaccines manufacturing compliance at Wyeth and across validation, product and process development and aseptic / non-sterile liquids manufacturing internships at Pfizer. Mr. Husain has a proven track record of devising effective global business development strategies, strengthening market and brand presence, building high-performing commercial growth organizations, aligning operational principles and models, and delivering strategic leadership to drive customer focus and revenue growth.
Mr. Husain holds a Master of Business Administration from Cornell University’s Johnson Graduate School of Management and a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology. Mr. Husain has served as chair of the Education Committee and on the Advisory Council for the Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association and is involved in the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, Society of Biological Engineers, American Institute of Chemical Engineers and American Chemical Society.
See the Full Bio Here
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci & AGT’s Jeff Galvin Join ‘I AM BIO’ to Discuss Future of HIV Treatments - September 14, 2021
- Data Center Firm DataBridge Sites Expands into Philadelphia, Maryland, and Chicago | Business Wire - September 7, 2021
- VaLogic acquires vacant Frederick building to create tech hub - August 31, 2021
- New Frederick facility delivers in-demand lab, workspace for growing biotech firms - August 27, 2021
- Intralytix Receives Fast Track NIH SBIR Contract to Develop a Universal, Scale-independent AI-based Platform for Manufacturing High Titer Bacteriophage Preparations for Clinical Applications - August 18, 2021