2020 Technology Showcase
September 9, 2020 @ 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Reserve the afternoon of September 9th on your calendar for the 2020 Technology Showcase. The 4th annual event will highlight technologies being developed at the NCI and Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) to encourage technology licensing and collaborations, startup company formation and the translation of NCI discoveries into solutions to benefit patients. We are currently planning a combined in-person / virtual event; if necessity dictates, it will held completely virtual.
- Free, half-day event
- Hear from NCI and FNLCR inventors about technologies primed for technology commercialization and/or collaboration; a great opportunity for regional companies and biotech stakeholders
- Panel sessions focused on technology commercialization
- Poster session highlighting NCI technologies available for collaborative development and/or licensing presented by the NCI Technology Transfer Ambassadors Program
- Networking, including an event following the Tech Showcase
Panel 1: How to Attract Investors and Funding for Your Company
Moderator: Elizabeth Cho-Fertikh, Ph.D. Co-Founder, MEDA Angels, Founder, ECF Biosolutions
- Elizabeth Good Mazhari, MS , Interim Managing Director, Maryland Venture Fund
- Aprile Pilon, Ph.D. , Founder and President, APCBio Innovations, Inc.
- Arti Santhanam, Ph.D. , Executive Director, Maryland Innovation Initiative Fund at TEDCO
Panel 2: Partnering with the NCI and FNL to Advance Innovation to Benefit your Pipeline and Your Bottom-line
Panel 3: Non-dilutive Funding Sources for Startups
Panel 4: Leveraging Incubators and Accelerators to Speed Tech Licensing and Commercialization