Attracting Talent in Frederick’s Booming Biotech Industry
May 12, 2021 @ 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
A global expansion of the biohealth industry, combined with a skills shortage and a rapidly changing technology landscape, has made ‘talent’ one of the most talked-about topics both in the boardroom and on the front line for hiring managers.
In the BioHealth Capital Region, where reports are stating there are 2,000 current and projected open jobs within the biotech sector, the topic of attracting and retaining talent has never been more urgent. Some companies will adapt and succeed, while others will struggle to keep up. We want to help you and your company understand the challenges, take advantage of the opportunities, and succeed in growing your business, and the biotech community, in the BioHealth Capital Region.
To address this challenge, BioBuzz and Frederick City and County Economic Development have teamed up to bring you a panel of Frederick biotech leaders who are tackling these talent challenges head-on and are ready to share their expertise to help your company succeed. If your organization is growing and needs to hire biotech talent, then this is an event that you can’t miss.
Chris Frew – Workforce Genetics
What You Will Learn from this Event:
- The recruiting strategies that leading companies are taking to hire top talent
- The most effective interviewing and hiring processes
- The current challenges companies are experiencing to recruit in the region
- How companies are selling themselves and the region to prospective candidates
- Modern workforce policies and benefits that are helping to attract talent
- Workforce development initiatives underway in Maryland that you can take advantage of
- How to align with local universities to create a pipeline of qualified candidates
Frederick, Maryland Life Science Companies Continue to Hire Despite Pandemic Challenges
A Strong Employer Brand and Location are Keys to Recruiting Top Biotech Talent
4 Ways A Strong Lab Professionals Community Can Impact Your Career