How to Make Necessary Updates to Your Employee Handbook for Covid-19
September 30, 2020 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AMFree
The covid-19 pandemic has turned all of our lives upside down. Business owners need to update their employee manuals to reflect these current times. Join employment law expert Merry S. Campbell from Shulman Rogers at this informative, free webinar to hear which sections of the manual need to be updated, and which topics can be included in a separate document. Our discussion will include:
• Teleworking, including eligibility and approval, timekeeping, equipment, workers’ compensation, and more.
• Attendance and overtime policies, including schedules, absences, and work hours
• Screening policies and contract tracing
• Policies regarding the expanded use of Family and Medical Leave Act leave and emergency paid sick leave regarding COVID-19-related reasons, in compliance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”)
• Managing technology and confidential information while working remotely
• Reimbursing employee expenses, such as the cost of supplies for employees working remotely, personal protective equipment and/or commuting expenses
• Policies and signage regarding use of common areas, kitchens, bathrooms, coffee machines, etc.; advance notice, screening, restrictions, and limit on number of visitors; and wearing masks, gloves, cleaning work areas, hand-washing and sanitizing.
Meredith (“Merry”) Campbell serves as a business advisor to local, national and global clients who look to her for counsel on managing their most important asset — their employees. Clients hire her because she successfully resolves workplace-related issues while helping them to maintain a positive and productive workplace. Merry has been a mainstay for clients and prospective clients navigating through the COVID-19 pandemic and the myriad issues it has created. After the presentation, she will be available to answer your questions.
This free webinar is for business owners, human resource professionals, and operations managers.