Laser Microdissection Workshop: From Biology to Immuno-Oncology Aug 20-24, 2018
August 20 @ 8:00 AM - August 24 @ 5:00 PM
Bio-Trac® is pleased to be conducting a Hands-On “Laser Microdissection: From Biology to Immuno-Oncology” training workshop on Monday, August 20 – Friday, August 24, 2018 at the MC Bioscience Education Center in Germantown, MD.
This comprehensive five day workshop is ideal for research scientists who are looking for a balanced theoretical vs. hands-on introduction to Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM) technology. Taught by experts actively using Laser Capture Microdissection technology, this program features lectures and hands-on practical exercises using four different LCM platforms (Arcturus, MMI, Zeiss Palm, and Leica). Content includes practical strategies for successful project design, downstream analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein from a variety of tissue types, examples of applications of LCM on scientific research including immuno-oncology, and innovations in LCM technology.
Registration Fee: $1,095
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis with a class limit of 20.
Special Hotel Rates – $99 per night
Special rates are available for Bio-Trac attendees near the training facility (Holiday Inn Express).
Further registration information can be obtained from Mark Nardone at Bio-Trac® Training Programs (240-567-2159, 301-802-7708, www.biotrac.com). The following links will assist you with registration and a Bio-Trac calendar of upcoming events.
• Introduction to Laser Capture Microdissection
• Histopathology for Laser Microdissection
• Project Design and Quality Control in Laser Microdissection
• Optimal Tissue Preparation for Molecular Analysis
• Microdissection Project Considerations and Workflow
• RNA extraction from LCM samples
• Analyzing Immuno-oncology Biomarkers using Reverse Phase Protein Microarrays
• Laser Microdissection with Downstream Proteomic Analysis
• Applications in Laser Capture Microscopy: Molecular Histology Methods Development
• The Future of Laser Microdissection
Four station laboratory rotation throughout the program
• Leica LMD; Molecular Machines and Industries (MMI); PALM/Zeiss; ThermoFisher/Arcturus
• Sample Acquisition
• Sample Preparation
• Downstream Proteomic Analysis
• Nanostring: Immuno Oncology Panel