- This event has passed.
NCI SBIR Grant Information Session, 1:1 Meetings
September 11, 2019 @ 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Koch Cancer Research Building, 1550 Orleans St.
Are you looking for funding opportunities to take your cancer technology project from lab to market? Come to this in-depth information session on NCI SBIR/STTR funding opportunities and commercialization resources!
Michael Weingarten, director, SBIR Development Center, National Cancer Institute
Christie Canaria, program director, SBIR Development Center, National Cancer Institute
Alina Predescu, presidential management Fellow, SBIR Development Center, National Cancer Institute
Presentation will cover:
- Overview of SBIR/STTR eligibility requirements
- NIH SBIR/STTR process and new cancer-focused funding opportunities from NCI
- NCI SBIR/STTR initiatives such as I-Corps at NIH entrepreneurship training program
- NCI Investor Initiative to help NCI SBIR-funded companies to connect with investors and strategic partners from the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
- Practical strategies on how to submit competitive funding applications
Prior to the presentation, there will be a limited number of one-on-one meeting opportunities where individual investigators or companies can discuss specifics about their SBIR application or potential for an SBIR application. If you would like to sign up for the one-on-one meeting, please register here. A one-pager with the executive summary and technology description or draft of specific aims would be appreciated by Monday, Sept. 9. Please email these materials to Alina Predescu.