- This event has passed.
Panel Discussion Vaccinology in the 21st Century: Engineering an Effective Vaccine Platform
December 15, 2020 @ 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Noble Life Sciences Hosts Panel Discussion “Vaccinology in the 21st Century: Engineering an Effective Vaccine Platform”
Andrew Lees, PhD, Scientific Director, Fina BioSolutions
Peter Pushko, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Medigen
Spencer Stonier, PhD, Director Vaccines Pipeline, Emergent Biosolutions
Todd Parsley, PhD, Director Infectious Diseases, Noble Life Sciences (Moderator)
With much of the world’s focus on the development of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, we are bringing an expert panel together to discuss the challenges and strategies for engineering an effective and safe vaccine.
The panelists will share their expertise in vaccine development to discuss topically relevant aspects of vaccinology including:
- Characteristics and challenges in designing an effective vaccine.
- Different vaccine platforms – pros and cons of each.
- How to address adverse vaccine reactions.
- Overcoming pathogen strategies to circumvent the immune response.
- Methods to ensure balancing of the innate and adaptive immune response.
- Strategies to increase immunological durability.