- This event has passed.
Pismo Ventures National Life Science Startup Symposium
March 29, 2022 @ 8:00 AM – March 31, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
Pismo Ventures National Life Science Startup Symposium is a virtual showcase for startups seeking pre-Seed through Series A funding to pitch and obtain feedback from experienced investors. Pismo Ventures is a startup accelerator that provides expertise in early-stage business strategy and execution, marketing and sales, and funding.
Do you know a life science startup ready to raise capital, with an experienced team, technology rights, proof of concept, and a solid business model? This event is open to all startups pre or post revenue (not only an idea) that are at the stage of pre-seed, seed or series A. Participants apply by submitting an online application, a 15-page pitch deck, a 90-second video demonstration of the product or service, and a startup questionnaire. Free for startups to apply.
Just want to learn about starting a life science business? General admission tickets include live educational webinars on topics such as finance, legal, marketing/sales, pitch deck, technology transfer, and access to the virtual pitch event.
– Registration is open now through March 13
– Education day with webinars and workshops is March 29
– Startup Symposium event day is March 31
Startups may visit the Event website for full event information and to apply as presenters. Free for startups to apply, 1 person per startup.
Spectators can use the website to purchase General Admission tickets ($125) to access webinars and the pitch event.
This Pismo Ventures event is presented in partnership with the GW Technology Commercialization Office, the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs, Nguyen Tarbet LLC, and McCarter & English.
– Virtual online event only
– Targeting life science startups nationwide at the stage of pre-Seed, Seed or Series A stage
– Applicants/Presenters register at no cost – 1 person per startup
– General admission tickets available for others/spectators to attend for a nominal fee
-100+ investors participating and judging the event.
– 50+ VCs and Angel Groups participating to screen companies.
– Educational webinars for companies and entrepreneurs
– Participants can attend all events, webinars and live judging pitch event
– Proprietary process selecting only top 12 startups to present to investors.
– Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) Funds will be made available for companies to raise capital from investors depending on interest level