- This event has passed.
Public Policy Series: The Role of the White House, Congress, Federal Agencies, and Judiciary in Science & Technology Policy
May 9 @ 10:00 AM – May 10 @ 4:00 PM
Whether you’re a scientist, engineer, or health professional interested in a career in science and technology policy or a researcher who’s interested in improving how they describe the potential societal implications of their research, you need better understanding of science and technology policy. You also need to understand the key principles involved in evaluating programs, analyzing potential public policies that might respond to societal implications, and then communicating your results to policymakers and the public.
1. In this “learn by doing” class, students will enhance their understanding of:
2. What encompasses science & technology (S&T) policy
3. The role of the White House, Congress, and Judiciary in S&T policy
4. The role of international government and U.S. states & cities in S&T policy
5. The role of scientists, engineers, and health professionals in public policy
6. The analytical and communication techniques that support scientific, engineering, and health-focused communications with policymakers
7. An overview of careers in S&T policy