- This event has passed.
Rare Disease Panel: The Future of Drug Development for Rare Diseases
April 24, 2019 @ 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
On the heels of Rare Disease Month, BioBuzz is organizing a Rare Disease Panel discussion with experts from local companies who are developing drugs and therapeutics for rare diseases. The goal of this event is to explore how the advancements in medical technologies, regulations, funding and business strategy have created more opportunity than ever to develop and commercialize new medicines for unmet rare diseases.
This panel will host several local companies who are at various stages of research and drug development for products in this space to discuss how they are moving their science forward to develop medicines that meet the needs of their rare patient populations.
- Jeff Galvin, CEO, American Gene Technologies
- Donald C. Lo, Ph.D., Director, Therapeutic for Rare Neglected Diseases, NCATS
- Vit Vasista, CFO, REGENXBIO
- Sean Hofherr, Chief Scientific Officer at GeneDx
- Harsha Rajasimha, CEO, Jeeva Informatics & co-founder of Organization For Rare Disease India (ORDI)
Moderator: Moustapha El Amin, Astra Zeneca
Join us for a lively discussion followed by networking and refreshments at the brand new community lab space in Gaithersburg, 704QO.
Hosted and sponsored by:
Moderated Panel Discussion & Q&A for 90 min followed by light fair and refreshments afterward.