- This event has passed.
[VIRTUAL] Blue Knight™ Symposium with J&J Innovation – JLabs
December 8, 2020 @ 2:00 PM – December 10, 2020 @ 12:00 PM
In seeking to combat emerging infectious diseases and other 21st-century health threats, the path to better prepared, protected, and healthy individuals, families, and communities could rely on unlocking the collective power of the global community. BLUE KNIGHT™ seeks to answer this call.
On December 8-10, Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS and BARDA will virtually convene the emerging Blue Knight community of thought leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs for a three-day symposium, including interactive sessions focused on key areas of interest in infectious disease, public health, and company acceleration. Sessions will explore high-priority areas of interest for scientific and technological innovation aimed for improving our preparedness and response to emerging health security threats.
About Blue Knight
Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS is collaborating with the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a component of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, to form Blue Knight. This collaboration aims to stimulate innovation and incubation of technologies that improve health security and response through companies focused on public health threats and emerging infectious diseases. Find out more about BARDA and its mission at www.PHE.gov/BARDA.
The inaugural Blue Knight Symposium will feature three days of interactive programming, including:
Visionary sessions that will bring together experts in the fields of global health security, preparedness and infectious diseases to discuss lessons learned and priorities for innovations aimed to better protect against known and unknown global health threats.
• Dec. 8th 2pm EST | Collaborating to Unlock the Collective Power of the Global Community
• Dec. 8th 3pm EST | Unpacking the Past to Improve the Future of Pandemic Preparedness
• Dec. 8th 4pm EST | Anticipating the Known and Unknown Threats of Tomorrow
• Dec. 10th 2pm EST | Expanding the Shield by Igniting Early-Stage Innovation
Scientific sessions that will focus on key areas of interest for scientific and technological innovation, with each session culminating in a live Q&A.
• Dec. 9th 2pm EST | Advancing Therapeutic and Vaccine Platforms and Technologies
• Dec. 9th 3pm EST | Accelerating Disruptive and Non-Traditional Approaches for Addressing Bacterial Pathogens
• Dec. 9th 4pm EST | Enabling Point of Care and At Home Diagnostics and Detection
• Dec. 9th 5pm EST | Ensuring Robust Data Science
Small group discussions that will explore high-priority areas of interest in facilitated breakout sessions with the aim to encourage an active dialogue. Applications to participate will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Participants that register prior to December 1st will be notified no later than December 4th.
• Dec. 9th 6pm EST
• Dec. 10th 12pm EST