How Small Biotech Companies can Get Training Grants
Effective July 1, 2017
The Maryland Department of Labor, in consultation with the Maryland Department of Commerce, is excited to announce the return of Maryland Business Works, a highly successful incumbent worker training program.
With a substantial initial investment of $500,000 in business engagement funds, the Maryland Department of Labor is eager to partner with Maryland’s businesses to support employer strategies for retention, growth expansion, and layoff aversion.
Training funds are provided to businesses serious about increasing employee productivity, upgrading the skills of current employees, and creating opportunities for expanding your existing workforce.
The Maryland Business Works Program
▪ Invests in Maryland Private Sector Businesses — Private sector businesses with 250 employees or fewer that provide in-demand products or services are eligible to apply.
▪ Provides True Partnership with Businesses — There is a dollar-to-dollar match requirement, and a $4,500 training cap funding level that may be awarded to a specific trainee for a project or series of projects. The maximum request per year cannot exceed $40,000 (per company).
▪ Meets your Business’s Training Needs — The Program funds classroom-based training, in-house staff training, apprenticeships, and other opportunities for Maryland’s businesses as they create and foster their talent pipeline.
Posted by Mark Nardone,
Director of Bio-Trac Training Programs
Bio-Trac® Training Programs are hands-on training workshops, designed for research scientists, which focus on the latest relevant techniques that are necessary for laboratory research. Open to the scientific community, all workshops are team taught by experts, active researchers from prestigious institutions such as the NIH, FDA, USDA, Georgetown University, and Johns Hopkins as well as experts from private industry.
30+ years of Biotechnology Training Excellence
2016 Customer Satisfaction Rate – 98.6%
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021