The Matan Companies is pleased to announce plans for the delivery of over two million square feet of new bio manufacturing ready space along the I-270 Corridor, between NIH in Bethesda and Fort Detrick in Frederick. The six proposed projects, one existing and five developments, all being marketed under the Progress Labs brand, include sites in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown and Frederick and begin delivering in June 2021. Matan has committed over 200 acres of zoned land to make Progress Labs a reality.
“We have seen a noticeable uptick in the demand for biotech manufacturing and support space in the I-270 Corridor, even before the pandemic,” said Matan Principal Mark Matan. “What has become clear during the pursuit of these opportunities is that there is very limited or no new inventory, prompting our decision to move forward with these projects ahead of the arrival of an end user.” Currently the market offerings are focused around converting empty office buildings into lab space, however, this strategy has major limitations for many bio users. Progress Labs, conversely, is a ground up approach that will offer new, state-of-the-art, speculative flexible assets that can accommodate a wide range of bio users and their supply chain. By delivering these assets spec, Matan plans to slash the lead time associated with most bio developments.
Read the full article at: mataninc.com
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021