miRecule Names J&J Pharma Vet Fu-An Kang to Lead Growing Research Team
Gaithersburg, MD (June 8, 2021) – miRecule, Inc. (“miRecule”), an emerging biotech company focused on the development of cutting-edge RNA therapeutics, announced the hiring of Fu-An Kang, Ph.D. to serve as its Vice President of Research. Dr. Kang joins miRecule after serving for 6 years as the Senior Director of Chemistry at Abzena, a leading chemistry, biologics and antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) research organization.
Throughout his career, Dr. Kang has made various contributions to the discovery and development of a number of preclinical, clinical and commercial stage drug substances and products, including Eribulin (Halaven) in the Harvard-Eisai collaboration, and Canagliflozin (Invokana) at J&J-Janssen. As an experienced industrial leader, he has led highly impactful collaborations with pharma and biotech partners, and managed many successful R&D, PD and CMC programs, serving as SD, VP and CSO at several science and technology driven companies (Abzena, Wilmington PharmaTech and Santai Labs).
In his new role, Dr. Kang will oversee the discovery and development of miRecule’s leading RNA therapies and their targeted delivery systems, for the treatment of Head & Neck Cancer, Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD), and additional undisclosed indications. “miRecule’s unique discovery platform DREAmiRTM decodes disease biology by integrating scientific and technological innovations across biology, chemistry, data science and engineering to revolutionize the next generation of RNA drug discovery and development.” said Dr. Kang. “I’m very excited to be part of this incredible team with world class talent and expertise in RNA therapeutics to develop the first-in-class therapies to address many high unmet medical needs in the years to come.”
miRecule’s end-to-end RNA therapy discovery platform (DREAmiR™) utilizes genomic and outcome data from thousands of patients to identify underlying genetic changes that cause their disease, and then creates a novel RNA therapeutic that can directly target and fix that genetic abnormality. “Fu-An’s experience as a skilled scientific leader has aided in the development of therapies that have helped thousands of patients.” said Anthony Saleh, CEO of miRecule. ”We’re thrilled to have him guiding our discovery and development efforts, towards novel RNA treatments that will give years of quality life back to underserved patients”.
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Federal Realty Plans 10-Story Life Science Facility at Pike & Rose to Fuel Extension of Montgomery County’s Life Science and Biotech Corridor to North Bethesda - December 1, 2021
- BioHealth Capital Region Spotlight: Creative Bio-Peptides Awarded $5.78 from NIH to Develop Breakthrough Treatments for Neuroinflammatory/Neurodegenerative Indications - November 30, 2021
- IndyGeneUS AI, Inc. to Acquire the World’s First Blockchain-Mediated Free Market For Genetic Data, EncrypGen - November 29, 2021
- NeuExcell Therapeutics, Inc. Signs Lease with The Discovery Labs to Establish Corporate Headquarters in the Philadelphia Region - November 23, 2021
- Red Cell Forms Zephyr AI to Revolutionize Drug Discovery and Precision Medicine - November 23, 2021