Montgomery College Biotech Training Helps Laid-Off Workers Fill Needed Roles
WASHINGTON (7News) — A local college is stepping up to fill two needs: To help some of the many workers who have lost their jobs in the pandemic, and to fill hundreds of available jobs in the biotech industry.
Tonight, Only on 7, we share the story of “biotech boot camp.”
This sophisticated lab may look like it’s in a big biotech company with experienced scientists, but it’s actually on the campus of Montgomery College, with students in attendance like Maiha Thompson.
Click here to read more via ABC7
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Matan Signs Deal with Ellume for Two Full Buildings at Progress Labs at Center 85 - May 11, 2021
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Announces $40.75 Million Series B Financing - May 11, 2021
- Gaithersburg’s Novavax Announces Positive Preclinical Data for Combination Influenza and COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate - May 10, 2021
- Global Biotech Company, Ellume, to Open Manufacturing Facility in Frederick - May 10, 2021
- Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Announces over $6 Million in Awards to Accelerate Cures - May 10, 2021