With a phase 3 data readout on its COVID-19 vaccine looming, Novavax has already started stockpiling doses ahead of an authorization. Now, thanks to a fresh manufacturing tie-up, the company’s ex-U.S. supplies just got a little more secure.
Novavax tapped Baxter BioPharma Solutions to handle commercial-scale vaccine manufacturing at its facility in Halle, Germany. Once production work kicks off, Baxter will be on deck to crank out supplies for the European and U.K. markets, the companies said.
The Deerfield, Illinois-based CMO will tackle fill-finish work on Novavax’s recombinant nanoparticle adjuvanted vaccine, a Novavax spokeswoman said via email. The company’s candidate, NVX-CoC2373, is still in phase 3, though it’s eyeing a phase 3 data readout sometime during the first quarter.
Back in August, Novavax was already setting lofty production goals. On a conference call, Chief Medical Officer Filip Dubovsky, M.D., said the company expected to be able to make “well over a couple billion units” each year, beginning in 2021. That’s more than enough for the Gaithersburg, Maryland-based biotech to single-handedly meet U.S. demand, which Dubovsky pegged at around 500 million to 600 million doses annually.
Read the full article at: www.fiercepharma.com
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Gain Therapeutics Announces Issuance of Two New PCT Patents Covering GBA and GALC Modulator Compounds for Treatment of CNS Disorders - June 10, 2021
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Announces Collaboration with Oyster Point Pharma to Target Ophthalmic Diseases - June 10, 2021
- Judy Costello Appointed as Special Projects Manager, Office of the County Executive at Montgomery County, Maryland - June 10, 2021
- Montgomery County, University System of Maryland, and Montgomery College Sign Memorandum of Understanding to Expand County’s Leadership Role in Life and Regulatory Sciences Education and Innovation - June 9, 2021
- Rockville’s NeoImmuneTech Announces First Clinical Trial Application Authorization Received in the EU for its Phase 2 Study of NT-I7 and Opdivo® - June 8, 2021