Pioneering Past Informs Future as Budd Bioworks Unveils 300,000 sq. ft. cGMP BioManufacturing Space in Philadelphia
After Decades of Dormancy, Philadelphia’s Powerhouse Budd Plant Presses Ahead as a New Biomanufacturing Center
PHILADELPHIA, PA July 23, 2021 – A new future is forming around an iconic symbol of Philadelphia’s manufacturing past. The Plymouth Group, in partnership with Centerbridge Partners, L.P., is officially underway on an ambitious biomanufacturing redevelopment plan that puts the life changing therapies developed in Philadelphia’s “Cellicon Valley” on the production line. Spaces will be ready for tenant construction as soon as Q4 of 2021, positioning Philadelphia to meet the swelling demand for cGMP manufacturing nationwide.
The new development will be known as the Budd Campus with the 450,000 square foot Budd Bioworks representing Phase 1 of the project, a life sciences anchor to a 2.4 million square foot adaptive reuse plan that encompasses 6 buildings on over 25 acres in the middle of a major metropolitan area.
Budd Bioworks will comprise 300,000 square feet of cGMP drug manufacturing space along with 150,000 square feet of lab and office space. Residences, restaurants, retail and art activations are planned for subsequent phases within the greater Budd Campus.
Sitting directly between Philadelphia’s Center City and its suburbs, the former Budd Company Hunting Park Plant holds a significant place in Philadelphia’s manufacturing past and the world over, producing numerous pioneering innovations in the application of stamped and stainless steel that would revolutionize auto and rail car manufacturing and redefine standards for manufacturing processes to this day.
Read the full article at: www.colliers.com
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- 5 Questions with Kayla Valdes, Ph.D. Senior Manager, Horizon Therapeutics - September 20, 2021
- Emergent BioSolutions Secures Multi-Year Development and Manufacturing Agreement with Providence Therapeutics for its mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate, PTX-COVID19-B - September 14, 2021
- Ariel Gruswitz, JD, Joins Facility Logix as Associate Director - September 14, 2021
- USP launches an Office of Organizational Culture, Equity and Inclusion Excellence headed by Chief Equity Officer and Senior Advisor Debra Joy Pérez, Ph.D. - September 13, 2021
- Boyds Opens US Office in Philadephia Area - September 13, 2021