Rep. Trone and Deputy Secretary of Commerce Don Graves Tour Frederck’s Kite Pharma
FREDERICK, Md. (WDVM) — Congressman David Trone (MD-06) and Deputy Secretary of Commerce Don Graves toured Kite Pharma with the Maryland Tech Council on Friday.
The duo met with local elected officials, business leaders and broadband experts to discuss economic recovery following COVID-19 and increasing broadband access.
“A lot of businesses that were shut down and were able to weather the shutdown with federal loans and grants have been able to keep employees employed, keep customers served, but we have had some sectors like the event sector. Ten all the contractors like photographers and videographers and caterers and DJs and limo companies they’ve been deeply, deeply impacted by this,” said Rick Weldon, President and CEO of Frederick Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to read more and view video content from WDVM.
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Emergent BioSolutions Secures Multi-Year Development and Manufacturing Agreement with Providence Therapeutics for its mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate, PTX-COVID19-B - September 14, 2021
- Ariel Gruswitz, JD, Joins Facility Logix as Associate Director - September 14, 2021
- USP launches an Office of Organizational Culture, Equity and Inclusion Excellence headed by Chief Equity Officer and Senior Advisor Debra Joy Pérez, Ph.D. - September 13, 2021
- Boyds Opens US Office in Philadephia Area - September 13, 2021
- AbbVie and Rockville’s REGENXBIO Announce Eye Care Collaboration - September 13, 2021