Richmond Biotech Firm Grenova Inc. Moving to Larger Facility, Creating 250 Jobs
Sponsored by DPR Construction
Grenova Inc., a Richmond-based sustainable biotech company, plans to move to a larger facility in the city, investing $10.6 million and creating 250 jobs over the next three years, Gov. Ralph Northam announced Tuesday.
The company is currently located in the Manchester neighborhood but will move to a larger facility across from The Diamond baseball park in the Scott’s Addition area, the governor said. Grenova, founded in 2014, designs and manufactures devices that wash and sterilize pipette tips for reuse and has seen its business quadruple in the past year during the COVID-19 pandemic. Its product Tipnovus lets labs that conduct COVID tests cleanse pipette tips so they don’t have to discard them after one use.
We are thrilled to celebrate this homegrown sustainable biotech firm expanding and adding to its workforce in Richmond,” Northam said in a statement. “It is remarkable to see Virginia’s innovative life sciences businesses quickly adapt and respond to critical needs as we fight this pandemic. Grenova is an emerging industry leader that has achieved exponential growth in a short time, and I applaud the company for leveraging its technology and expertise to address a global shortage and reduce environmental waste.”
Click here to read more via Virginia Business.
Discover the latest projects making an impact in the region and the companies building them.
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- 5 Questions with Kayla Valdes, Ph.D. Senior Manager, Horizon Therapeutics - September 20, 2021
- Emergent BioSolutions Secures Multi-Year Development and Manufacturing Agreement with Providence Therapeutics for its mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate, PTX-COVID19-B - September 14, 2021
- Ariel Gruswitz, JD, Joins Facility Logix as Associate Director - September 14, 2021
- USP launches an Office of Organizational Culture, Equity and Inclusion Excellence headed by Chief Equity Officer and Senior Advisor Debra Joy Pérez, Ph.D. - September 13, 2021
- Boyds Opens US Office in Philadephia Area - September 13, 2021