Richmond Biotech Firm Grenova Inc. Moving to Larger Facility, Creating 250 Jobs
Sponsored by DPR Construction
Grenova Inc., a Richmond-based sustainable biotech company, plans to move to a larger facility in the city, investing $10.6 million and creating 250 jobs over the next three years, Gov. Ralph Northam announced Tuesday.
The company is currently located in the Manchester neighborhood but will move to a larger facility across from The Diamond baseball park in the Scott’s Addition area, the governor said. Grenova, founded in 2014, designs and manufactures devices that wash and sterilize pipette tips for reuse and has seen its business quadruple in the past year during the COVID-19 pandemic. Its product Tipnovus lets labs that conduct COVID tests cleanse pipette tips so they don’t have to discard them after one use.
We are thrilled to celebrate this homegrown sustainable biotech firm expanding and adding to its workforce in Richmond,” Northam said in a statement. “It is remarkable to see Virginia’s innovative life sciences businesses quickly adapt and respond to critical needs as we fight this pandemic. Grenova is an emerging industry leader that has achieved exponential growth in a short time, and I applaud the company for leveraging its technology and expertise to address a global shortage and reduce environmental waste.”
Click here to read more via Virginia Business.
Discover the latest projects making an impact in the region and the companies building them.
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- NIH launches first phase of $9.8 million competition to accelerate development of neuromodulation therapies - January 19, 2022
- The Center for Breakthrough Medicines and the University of Pennsylvania Partner in the Manufacturing of Gene Therapies - January 19, 2022
- Ceptur Therapeutics Launches with $75M Series A Financing to Advance RNA Therapeutics Based on Proprietary U1 Adaptor Technology - January 19, 2022
- Suzy Turman Joins Workforce Genetics as a Senior Life Science Talent Consultant - January 18, 2022
- Gain Therapeutics Announces R&D Day Event and Participation in Upcoming Conferences - January 18, 2022