Smithers Avanza Promotes Dr. Ira DuBey to President
Smithers Avanza announced today that it has promoted Ira S. DuBey, Ph.D., to President of Smithers Avanza.
Dr. DuBey will be responsible for the strategy of the bioanalytical services business as it expands in number of locations, team members, and capabilities. The promotion supports the organization’s commitment to the principles of providing accurate data, on time, with high-touch, to each of our clients as demand for pharmaceutical testing grows.
“Ira’s rich career journey has included top-level leadership, founder, and business-builder roles,” said Michael Hochschwender, President & CEO of The Smithers Group. “He is committed to bringing talented scientists together to build successful teams that will support our clients with the highest level of service.”
Dr. DuBey has over 25 years of senior executive experience managing and building science-based businesses. Prior to joining Smithers Avanza, he served as Vice President and General Manager of Biotechnology Services for Tandem Labs, Director of Immunochemistry Services at Covance Inc., and Department Head Forensic Toxicology at the National Center for Forensic Science. Dr. DuBey holds an M.S. degree in Toxicology from the University of Maryland Graduate School, an M.B.A. from Johns Hopkins University, and a Ph.D. from the Graduate Center of CUNY.
Dr. DuBey can be contacted at Ira.DuBey@smithers.com.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- Philadelphia Is One of the Top Life Sciences Markets in the Country - February 8, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021
- Science Center program trains overlooked Philadelphians for STEM jobs - February 4, 2021