Viela Bio Appoints Mitchell Chan as Chief Financial Officer
Mitchell Chan is appointed as Chief Financial Officer
Gaithersburg, MD—July 1, 2019 – Viela Bio today announced the appointment of Mitchell Chan as Chief Financial Officer, effective July 1. In this role, he will be responsible for leading corporate financing, financial operations, treasury, investor relations, corporate communications and corporate strategy. Previously, Mr. Chan served as Viela’s Vice President, Head of Finance & Corporate Strategy.
“We are pleased to announce Mitch’s appointment to the CFO position,” said Bing Yao, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer at Viela Bio. “Mitch brings a deep understanding of capital markets and the life sciences industry. He has a proven track record of successful financial leadership and was integral in supporting Viela in raising capital, including our recent Series B financing. We look forward to his continued contributions as we approach our first regulatory milestone with inebilizumab and advance the entirety of our pipeline in autoimmune and inflammatory disease.”
Mr. Chan has more than 15 years of finance experience. Prior to joining Viela in 2018, he served as Director of Investor Relations for AstraZeneca, North America. Previously, Mr. Chan held various roles of increasing responsibility at Genentech-Roche, including in BioOncology Commercial Finance, R&D Finance, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Mr. Chan is the recipient of Executive Certifications from Stanford University, University of California (Haas), and University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) and earned his BSc, MSc and MBA (Rotman School of Management) from the University Toronto.
About Viela Bio
Viela Bio, headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering and advancing treatments for severe inflammation and autoimmune diseases by selectively targeting shared critical pathways that are the root cause of disease.
For more information, please visit www.vielabio.com
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021