WBJ: Matan Cos. Plans New Biotech Campus in Montgomery County as Demand Surges
Sponsored by DPR Construction
The Matan Cos. will add biotech manufacturing and research space to one of its existing office campuses in Germantown to meet the surge in demand from local life sciences firms.
The new construction is slated for the Milestone Business Park, located just off Interstate 270 at the Father Hurley Boulevard exit, the Frederick-based developer told the Washington Business Journal. Matan plans to add three new buildings totaling 532,000 square feet, constructing them on some of the site’s ample parking lots and rebranding the campus as “Milestone Innovation Park.”
The move is one of several the developer’s made recently to adapt to the rapid growth of biotech companies in Montgomery County. The industry has long been one of the county’s strongest, but the pandemic has supercharged demand from firms working on tests, treatments and even vaccines for Covid-19. And Principal Mark Matan said the market is strong enough that he’ll build this project on spec, expecting that if he can “deliver a product on a turbo, fast track in a part of the county where it’s needed,” users will follow.
“This is not a simple rebranding or office conversion,” Matan said in a statement. “We are going to deliver three, next generation bio-manufacturing and research buildings.”
Click here to read more via the Washington Business Journal (Subscription Required)
Discover the latest projects making an impact in the region and the companies building them.
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- NIH launches first phase of $9.8 million competition to accelerate development of neuromodulation therapies - January 19, 2022
- The Center for Breakthrough Medicines and the University of Pennsylvania Partner in the Manufacturing of Gene Therapies - January 19, 2022
- Ceptur Therapeutics Launches with $75M Series A Financing to Advance RNA Therapeutics Based on Proprietary U1 Adaptor Technology - January 19, 2022
- Suzy Turman Joins Workforce Genetics as a Senior Life Science Talent Consultant - January 18, 2022
- Gain Therapeutics Announces R&D Day Event and Participation in Upcoming Conferences - January 18, 2022