WILL THE BIOHEALTH CAPITAL REGION
AVOID A RECESSION?
Navigating a possible inflection point.
This is an invite-only event. Please register below to ensure entry!
This exclusive industry panel and Executive networking event will bring you insights from top leaders in the industry about how the macroeconomic climate is impacting the biotech field and businesses in the biohealth capital region and how you should prepare.
A great opportunity to network with other executives and business owners in the region to expand your peer network and discuss a topic that is impacting all of us.
September, 27th 2022 from 4-7:00 PM
Location: I-270 Innovation Labs
5107 Pegasus Ct Suite L,
Frederick, MD 21704
Hear from top Industry Leaders:
MORE ABOUT THE EVENT:
While the economy and financial markets in the US are faring out better than most, they clearly are not immune to supply shocks, exceptional inflation, or recessionary headwinds.
In the Washington, DC – Baltimore region, the life sciences industry is a major employer and economic growth engine, and while the overall stock market has declined considerably in 2022, dozens of publicly traded biotechs have dropped so much that their valuation can be below the amount of cash they have in the bank.
Hear from select regional leaders, from diverse key sectors, as they ponder questions critical to the future of the BioHealth Capital Region:
- Is the BioHealth Capital Region already in a recession or how close to experiencing one?
- Will low biotech valuations spur more acquisitions by Big Pharma?
- What are the supply and demand for talent, and lab and office space telling us?
- What has it been like to raise capital in 2022?
- Will government and private funding dry up, and are State and local governments prepared to offer support?
- How can founders and executives preserve their operational and financial flexibility in order to successfully navigate this unusual uncertainty?
- What will be the likely early signs of the next phase of economic growth and technology investment?
*Note: I-270 Innovation Labs and BioBuzz reserve the right to deny entry to individuals not on our guest list
**To keep safety as a focus for the evening, we highly encourage attendees to get tested before the event with either an at-home test or by visiting mycovidnow.com. If you use My COVID Now, once you’ve found a location, ask for American Gene Technologies (AGT) rapid PCR test. Testing is free w/ insurance or w/o via the Cares Act. AGT is working to cure HIV and the cost of your test helps to support their work!