For over 18 years the Mid-Atlantic Science and Technology (MAST) showcase has brought together industry and biotech professionals from across the DMV to put a spotlight on local vendors and the important work they do for the regional BioPharma companies they support. The MAST showcase is ISPE’s flagship event that encourages regional commerce and strengthens the industry relationships of its members.
“The opportunity to help foster a new relationship between a large local BioPharma company and a local vendor with an innovative solution or service is very rewarding,” states Caroline Cappo, Event Co-Chair & Project Manager at Whiting-Turner Contracting Company. “We believe it’s a role ISPE can play that helps to grow the local ecosystem as a whole.”
With biotech in the BioHealth Capital Region continuing to flourish, it’s no surprise that the MAST showcase grows larger each year and has evolved to double as a popular recruiting spot for local companies. Last year’s showcase welcomed more than 400 registered attendees and featured over 70 exhibitors, and this year’s event will be even bigger!
To help accommodate a greater number of exhibitors and attendees, this year’s event will be held at the larger Bethesda North Marriott ballroom. This location is not only a quick walk from the White Flint metro, but also within walking distance to local restaurants in the Pike & Rose area, providing opportunities for attendees to continue their conversations and networking after the event is over.
For companies who want to get more visibility with local BioPharma companies, or with local candidates looking for their next career move, this is a great event to accomplish just that.
- Vendors who service the BioPharma industry
- Biotech Companies
In addition to the vendor expo, this year’s showcase also features several engaging educational sessions held throughout the day:
- Career Talk: Designing your Career from Young Professional to Emerging Leader – Facilitated by Ken Ewan, KME Leadership Associates
- Tech Talk: Single Use and Shiny Stuff – Lead by CRB
- Trade Talk: Design-Build Delivery Method of cGMP Biological Manufacturing Facility – Featuring United Therapeutics & Whiting-Turner
Special Keynote Lunch Event
The ISPE Chesapeake Chapter has partnered with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and will hold a raffle to raise money for their cause. Also new this year is a Keynote Lunch event where attendees will also have the opportunity to have lunch with the keynote speaker, Alan Holmer. Mr. Holmer is Director of Corbus Pharmaceutical Holdings, Inc, and Chairman of the Board at the Metropolitan Washington D.C. Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
In addition to industry professionals, the showcase draws in many local undergraduates, graduate students, and early career professionals who are interested in learning more about industry and developing their career paths in the field. It’s a great venue for those looking to explore what a career in BioPharma looks like, as it allows participants to meet and talk with a wide variety of industry professionals who can help jumpstart their careers
The organizers’ primary goal in coming years is to continue expanding the MAST showcase into an event that is not only informative and fosters networking but is also an opportunity for people of all professional levels in the BioHealth Capital Region to get together and have fun! “We not only want to fill out our new venue, but we want to make this an event that people put on their calendars a year in advance because they had such a great time,” says Caroline.
Interested in attending or signing up as an exhibitor or sponsor? Learn more and reserve your space for this amazing event here:
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021