Maryland Vaccine Leader Emergent BioSolutions Creates Virtual Recruiting Event to Attract Top Biomanufacturing Talent
Emergent BioSolutions, with multiple facilities in the BioHealth Capital Region, is hiring for dozens of full-time biomanufacturing positions to propel its existing pipeline forward while also playing a leading role in the global fight against the coronavirus.
The company’s Talent Acquisition team is holding a virtual recruiting event through BioBuzz to spotlight their career opportunities and engage top talent, even in the times of COVID-19. During this event, you can learn more about open positions and work culture at the company’s Emergent Bayview facility in Baltimore, which is designated as a Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing (CIADM) by BARDA and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Emergent is looking to hire top talent for a variety of biomanufacturing positions, including:
Quality *register for the upcoming Virtual Recruting Event August 12th today!
- Specialist l, Batch Record Review
- Specialist I, QA on the Floor Pkng 2nd Shift
- Associate Specialist, Metrology Technical Systems
- Analyst II, QC Microbiology – Fill Line
- Facilities Engineer Controls
- Analyst III, QC Data Reviewer
With over 20 years experience, Emergent is a leading vaccine and therapeutic development and manufacturing company at the forefront of public health threat solutions and preparedness. The company’s leading-edge biomanufacturing capabilities enable rapid, agile and robust development, manufacture and delivery responses to public health emergencies like the coronavirus pandemic, as well threats from anthrax, smallpox, botulism and chemical agents.
You can read more about Emergent’s history and capabilities in the ‘In Conversation’ interview with their Executive Vice President, Manufacturing and Technical Operations, Sean Kirk.
The company has also made numerous headlines recently after its announcement of a partnership with Johnson & Johnson to provide contract development and manufacturing services in support of J&J’s potential COVID-19 vaccine. That announcement comes closely on the heels of Emergent announcing partnerships with Novavax to manufacture the company’s potential COVID-19 vaccine and its novel influenza vaccine, NanoFlu, Vaxart for their experimental Oral Vaccine candidate for COVID-19 and with the U.S. Government for Comprehensive Response to Expedite Development of Plasma-Derived Therapy for COVID-19.
You can read more about each of these collaborations in the press releases and stories below.
- Emergent BioSolutions Signs Agreement to be U.S. Manufacturing Partner for Johnson & Johnson’s Lead Vaccine Candidate for COVID-19
- Two Maryland Biotechs Partner to Bring Coronavirus/COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate into Clinical Trials
- Emergent BioSolutions Signs Development and Manufacturing Agreement with Vaxart for their Experimental Oral Vaccine Candidate for Coronavirus Disease
- Emergent BioSolutions Partners with U.S. Government for Comprehensive Response to Expedite Development of Plasma-Derived Therapy for COVID-19
As Emergent continues to grow, it has been successful in bringing on top leadership talent to the organization, adding a new Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and SVP of Global Public Affairs in the month of April alone. The company remains deeply committed to its mission of protecting and enhancing life and is continuing to invest in its people and manufacturing assets to do so.
You can read more about new CMO Karen Smith and new SVP of Global Public affairs Nina Delorenzo below.
Emergent BioSolutions is one of the most exciting and innovative companies in the region – being a part of their team can help you grow your life sciences career.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- How Diversity has Helped to Make Maryland the Land of Opportunity - August 4, 2020
- Why Advanced Biomanufacturing in Maryland is a Thriving Industry - July 29, 2020
- David Auerbach is the newly appointed Head of Business Projects – Oncology R&D Business Planning & Operations at AstraZeneca - July 21, 2020