The folks at the nonprofit University City Science Center recognize this. That’s why, last summer, they launched BULB: Building and Understanding Lab Basics. It’s an intensive, two-week program open to any Philadelphia resident with a GED or high school diploma who’s had some kind of workforce experience. Its mission: to develop more opportunities for Philadelphians to attain “family-sustaining” careers in high-growth STEM industries.
Read the full article at: thephiladelphiacitizen.org
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Robust Investment in Greater Philadelphia Region’s Cell and Gene Therapy Sector Continued in the First Quarter of 2021 - April 8, 2021
- Novavax Plan Outlines Expansion of Gaithersburg Corporate Campus - April 6, 2021
- CARB-X is Funding Baltimore’s Novel Microdevices to Develop a Rapid and Portable Diagnostic for STDs Including Antibiotic-Resistant Infections - April 6, 2021
- Arcellx Announces FDA Clearance of IND Application for ACLX-001, a Controllable Cell Therapy Utilizing the Company’s ARC-SparX Platform, for the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma - April 6, 2021
- Novavax Initiates COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Trial Crossover - April 5, 2021