Ulyana Desiderio joins the Maryland Department of Commerce as Director of BioHealth and Life Sciences
Ulyana Desiderio joined the Department of Commerce in April 2020 as Director of BioHealth and Life Sciences. She leads efforts that support the growth of Maryland’s life sciences community, including job creation, capital investment, and new business formation.
Prior to joining Commerce, Ulyana served as Chief Scientific Officer for the American Society of Hematology, the largest international medical association dedicated to blood diseases. Ulyana holds B.S. degrees in Biological Sciences and Chemistry from Drexel University and a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021