Ulyana Desiderio joins the Maryland Department of Commerce as Director of BioHealth and Life Sciences
Ulyana Desiderio joined the Department of Commerce in April 2020 as Director of BioHealth and Life Sciences. She leads efforts that support the growth of Maryland’s life sciences community, including job creation, capital investment, and new business formation.
Prior to joining Commerce, Ulyana served as Chief Scientific Officer for the American Society of Hematology, the largest international medical association dedicated to blood diseases. Ulyana holds B.S. degrees in Biological Sciences and Chemistry from Drexel University and a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Patient-Centric Approach to Clinical Trials Improves Outcomes for All Stakeholders - September 21, 2021
- Three New Members with Ties to Johns Hopkins Appointed to National Cancer Advisory Board by President Biden - September 21, 2021
- Philadelphia biopharm firm Context Therapeutics files plans for IPO - September 21, 2021
- Dr. Anthony Fauci & AGT’s Jeff Galvin Join ‘I AM BIO’ to Discuss Future of HIV Treatments - September 14, 2021
- Data Center Firm DataBridge Sites Expands into Philadelphia, Maryland, and Chicago | Business Wire - September 7, 2021