In this one episode of BioTalk Jeff Galvin, CEO & Founder of American Gene Technoloogies (AGT), becomes one of the best evangelists for the BioHealth Capital Region and reveals why AGT is on a trajectory to be the Microsoft of gene therapy and personalized medicine.
“The key elements in success boil down to the right people being all drawn together by a vision and a passion for something, and storytelling.” ~ Jeff Galvin
This is one of the best podcast’s yet, bringing you insight into the truly remarkable AGT story; not to mention the insights from a true entrepreneurial visionary and an emerging leader in our region. I’m personally inspired each time I hear Jeff Galvin speak about AGT and his leadership philosophies, and this episode won’t disappoint you.
Hear how AGT got it’s start from NIH, and how they were able to commercialize the technology without any licensing. How they have raised financing for 11 years without going to venture capital, the power of storytelling and understanding how your story lines up with an investors portfolio strategy. Hear why Jeff has emerged these last two years as a leader in the region and why he’s bullish on Maryland and the BioHealth Capital Region for growing his company.
Jeff Galvin’s current focus is to grow AGT and he expects AGT’s patented, lead candidate for an HIV Cure to enter the clinic in 2019. AGT is a gene and cell therapeutics company with a proprietary lentiviral platform targeting major diseases, including HIV, Phenylketonuria (PKU) and cancer.
The company has a diverse portfolio of patent filings surrounding key tools and components in viral vectors, gene therapy, and regenerative medicine.
AGT’s immuno-oncology approach of stimulating gamma-delta (γδ) T cells to attack a variety of cancers has recently been awarded four patents. In collaboration with Stanford Medical School’s Dr. Dean Felsher, this novel approach to stimulate the body’s immune system to attack solid cancer tumors is showing promising results in animal models and is expected to enter human trials in the next 24 months.
Topics include genetic medicines, funding strategies, companies goals, and the BioHealth Capital Region.”
A new episode of BioTalk has been posted! @jeffreygalvin of @americangene joins BHI Founder and CEO Richard Bendis. Listen now at on Google Play https://t.co/itVUQVk8Fj, iTunes, https://t.co/r1SyhqebMQ , TuneIn https://t.co/jGHiDhnXzj and on https://t.co/H06eb1rgxB. pic.twitter.com/0cGokjnpv3
— BioHealth Innovation (@BioHealthInnov) August 15, 2018
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- D&D Pharmatech Raises $51M in Series C Financing to Advance Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Neurodegenerative, Fibrotic, and Metabolic Diseases - October 19, 2021
- RoosterBio Names Life Science Industry Leader, Timothy M. Kelly, Ph.D., as New Chief Executive Officer - October 5, 2021
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Awarded Additional $8 Million from U.S. Department of Defense for Clinical Advancement of Phage to Address Unmet Needs in Infectious Diseases - September 30, 2021
- Cartesian Therapeutics to double footprint, headcount in Gaithersburg - September 30, 2021
- D&D Pharmatech Announces Agreement with Salubris Pharmaceuticals for Licensing and Development of DD01 in China | Business Wire - September 28, 2021