February 03, 2020 07:29 AM Eastern Standard Time
SOMERSET, N.J. & GOSSELIES, Belgium–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Catalent, Inc. (NYSE: CTLT), the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies, development, and manufacturing solutions for drugs, biologics, gene therapies, and consumer health products, and MaSTherCell Global, Inc., a technology-focused cell and gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization to leading cell therapy innovators, today announced that Catalent has agreed to acquire MaSTherCell Global, a company backed by Great Point Partners, SFPI-FPIM, and Orgenesis Inc. (NASDAQ:ORGS), for an aggregate of $315 million in cash, subject to a customary adjustments.
“MaSTherCell extends our leadership position in the biotech industry, complements our leading gene therapy offering, and allows us to deliver comprehensive development, manufacturing, analytical, fill-finish, and clinical supply solutions for innovators across the large molecule space,” said John Chiminski, Catalent’s Chair & Chief Executive Officer. “Both autologous and allogeneic cell therapies provide important new treatment options, with a rising number expected to gain regulatory approval over the coming years. Catalent is well-positioned to combine MaSTherCell’s expert teams and capabilities with our extensive resources and experience in scaling new platforms, and to help MaSTherCell build-out its development and commercial manufacturing capabilities.”
Orgenesis Inc is headquartered in Germantown, Maryland which is in the heart of the Biohealth Capital Region. In the past year, Catalent completed two other acquisitions from Maryland-based companies, including Paragon Gene Therapy for $1.2B and a portion of Novavax, Inc’s business which expanded their operations into Montgomery County with a cGMP manufacturing facility.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Announces Strategic Agreement with ARLG to Support Phase 1b/2 Cystic Fibrosis Study - November 2, 2021
- Children’s National’s Dr. Kurt Newman Named WBJ’s 2021 CEO of the Year - October 26, 2021
- SciNeuro Pharmaceuticals and Mabylon AG to Collaborate on Development of Novel Therapeutics for Neurological Diseases | Business Wire - October 26, 2021
- Contraline Closes $10.7 Million Series A Financing to Become a Clinical Stage Company | Business Wire - October 21, 2021
- D&D Pharmatech Raises $51M in Series C Financing to Advance Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Neurodegenerative, Fibrotic, and Metabolic Diseases - October 19, 2021