Join the Lonza Walkersville, Maryland Team, Enable a Healthier World
The Lonza team is 15,000 people strong and its remarkable global footprint has enabled the company to provide support to 36% of all product launches with breakthrough designation from 2013 to 2016; in 2016 alone, Lonza provided manufacturing services for 50 molecules and conducted 250 development programs, including the launch of groundbreaking autologous cell therapies.
Lonza is not just about the numbers, however.
The company’s strong culture is rooted in making a difference by leveraging its collective skill, experience, and technology platforms to enable a healthier world. The Lonza mission has perhaps never been more meaningful and essential than now during the world’s battle against COVID-19. Whether employed in Asia or Beirut, the United Kingdom, or Walkersville, Maryland, this culture of making a difference drives the Lonza team to do great things.
If you’re looking to do great things, the opportunity has arrived.
Lonza’s Walkersville, Maryland site is seeking new talent to support a growing portfolio of exciting projects. As part of this hiring campaign, the Walkersville site is hosting a Virtual Recruiting Event on January 26th so that job candidates can learn more about Lonza, its culture, and the opportunities available at the Walkersville location, which is just a short drive from downtown Frederick, Maryland, one the region’s most popular destinations.
The Lonza-Walkersville location is the headquarters for Lonza Bioscience and is a leading provider of biology-based solutions to life-science customers, servicing research organizations, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and generic drug companies worldwide. The Walkersville location provides life science researchers with the tools they need to develop and test therapeutics, from basic research to final product release. Lonza’s Bioscience products and services range from cell culture and discovery technologies for research to quality control tests and software for biomanufacturing.
Lonza is actively searching for outstanding talent to fill important vacancies in Quality and Manufacturing. Open positions include but are not limited to:
- Supervisor, Quality Assurance, Media Operations
- Director, Quality Unit
- Global Head of Quality
- Manufacturing Associates (3rd shift)
- Senior Human Resources Business Partner
- MSAT Engineer, Packaging
Members of the Walkersville site leadership team and other staff members will be participating in the Virtual Recruiting event and will provide a glimpse of what it’s like to work at Lonza and within the Walkersville facility. Participating team members include:
- Philipp Künti, Site Head for Walkersville
- Cheryl Mowen, Acting Interim Quality Head for the Site/Associate Director of Quality Control
- Fred Billingsley, Head of QA Operations, Media
- Katie Williams, Asset Head, Media
- Andrew Kelley, Sr. Manager, QC
- Khalid Ahmad, Manager, QC
- Julia McLellan, Supervisor, QA on the Floor for LAL
- Allison Hoffman, Lead, Quality Compliance
- Juanquina Thomas, Sr. EHS Specialist
Join the Lonza Walkersville team on January 26th, 2020, from 12 to 1 pm to learn more about these opportunities to become part of Lonza’s global mission to make a difference and enable a healthier world.
Latest posts by Steven Surdez (see all)
- Jeeva Informatics Hosts Rare Disease Panel on Decentralized, Patient-Focused Clinical Trials - February 27, 2021
- Vigene Biosciences Sees Growth Through a Commitment to Gene Therapy and Rare Diseases - February 23, 2021
- In Conversation: Bruce K. Redding Jr., CEO of Transdermal Specialties Global - February 23, 2021