Expanding Local Biotech Company Hosting Career Fair
Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) is an expanding molecular diagnostics company in Rockville, MD in the BioHealth Capital Region. Founded nearly 25 years ago, they are recognized as a global leader in the development and commercialization of innovative assays and instruments for the measurement of molecules in biological samples for medical research and drug development.
In three weeks MSD will be hosting a biotech career fair to meet local candidates and expedite the hiring process for several key positions that they are seeing growth in. See full details below or Click here to apply.
The positions they are hiring for include;
- Research Associates
- Manufacturing Technicians & Assemblers
- Quality Technicians
As the biotech market continues to grow and companies need to expand, the competition for this highly technical and specialized workforce will continue to get more intense. In order to compete for those workers you will start to see companies use more creative recruiting strategies, such as this, to capture the attention of job seekers and attract them to their company.
More than 2,000 new biotech jobs are projected for the BioHealth Capital Region in the next 24 months. These staggering numbers are on the minds of many HR leaders, managers and executives as they look out into 2019 and plan their growth strategy.
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE), a local trade association for anyone in the cGMP Manufacturing and Engineering fields, is focused on this talent challenge too. They have dedicated a full panel session at their upcoming MAST Showcase on March 27th titled – Recruiting and Developing Talent in the Growing Biohealth Capital Region. The goal of the panel is to discuss the challenges and how we can work together to grow the talent base locally and also attract more workers to the region.
- Shiva Fritsch – Sr Vice President, Human Resources, RegenxBIO
- Craig Malzahn – VP, Site Director at GSK BioPharm
- Bret Schreiber, Senior Director, Office of BioHealth & Life Sciences, MD Dept of Commerce
- Antonio Moreira, Ph.D – UMBC – Academia., Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
All interested applicants or job seekers that wish to learn more and attend the career fair should apply as directed and save the date on your calendar. If MSD is successful, there might be a lot of local employees with sudden colds or “Doctors Appointments” scheduled for February 12th.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- These 3 life sciences companies will move into 100K square feet of One uCity when it opens in 2022 - December 1, 2020
- Covid-19 vaccine: Moderna to apply today for FDA authorization - November 30, 2020
- CRB Welcomes Alex Moore as a Senior Biopharma Specialist in the Maryland Office - November 23, 2020