New Frederick facility delivers in-demand lab, workspace for growing biotech firms
Sponsored by DPR Construction
The biotechnology and pharmaceuticals industry continues to heat up in Frederick, with startups launching and raising significant funding, and larger companies expanding beyond hubs like Gaithersburg and Rockville. And these companies all need lab space to grow.
Co-founders Doug Bane and Luis Rugeles are aiming to fill that need with a newly renovated 22,000-square-foot building in Frederick, specially outfitted to serve that growing pool of biotechs. The space, called I-270 Innovation Labs, is stationed in the Westview Business Park at 5107 Pegasus Court and provides researcher-grade facilities for growing companies in need of affordable lab space. Bane and Rugeles said the concept for the space came from a group of local investors — including themselves, but the rest of whom they did not name — who recognized the need for additional biotech-focused real estate assets.
The space is designed to be flexible, to accommodate members that may need to rent space only temporarily or for longer periods…
Read the full article at: www.bizjournals.com
Discover the latest projects making an impact in the region and the companies building them.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Announces Strategic Agreement with ARLG to Support Phase 1b/2 Cystic Fibrosis Study - November 2, 2021
- Children’s National’s Dr. Kurt Newman Named WBJ’s 2021 CEO of the Year - October 26, 2021
- SciNeuro Pharmaceuticals and Mabylon AG to Collaborate on Development of Novel Therapeutics for Neurological Diseases | Business Wire - October 26, 2021
- Contraline Closes $10.7 Million Series A Financing to Become a Clinical Stage Company | Business Wire - October 21, 2021
- D&D Pharmatech Raises $51M in Series C Financing to Advance Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Neurodegenerative, Fibrotic, and Metabolic Diseases - October 19, 2021