New Pediatric Rare Disease Company, Abri Science, Launches in Baltimore to address Phenylketonuria (PKU)
September 17, 2019, Baltimore, MD – Early Charm Ventures, L2C Partners, and University of the Sciences (USciences) today announced the launch of Abri Science, LLC – an advanced materials company working to improve human health and well-being via the microencapsulation of enzymes.
Abri Science, headquartered in Baltimore, MD, is a startup formed out of a technology transfer collaboration partnership between Early Charm Ventures, a Baltimore-based startup studio that collaborates with academic researchers to convert science to business; L2C Partners, a Philadelphia-based company that provides outsourced technology transfer and commercialization services for higher education and research-focused institutions; and USciences, an institution of higher education and distinguished as the nation’s first college of pharmacy.
Under the technology transfer collaboration, Abri Science becomes one of Early Charm Ventures’ active portfolio companies. With L2C Partners expert assistance in technology transfer and commercialization, the University of the Sciences has licensed its core intellectual property (IP) to Abri Science, leading to the formation of the company which will commercialize USciences’ technology.
In addition to the launch of the company, Abri Science also announced it has been awarded a $225,000 Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase I grant from the US National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK).
Read Full Press Release Here
Abri Science, LLC
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Announces Strategic Agreement with ARLG to Support Phase 1b/2 Cystic Fibrosis Study - November 2, 2021
- Children’s National’s Dr. Kurt Newman Named WBJ’s 2021 CEO of the Year - October 26, 2021
- SciNeuro Pharmaceuticals and Mabylon AG to Collaborate on Development of Novel Therapeutics for Neurological Diseases | Business Wire - October 26, 2021
- Contraline Closes $10.7 Million Series A Financing to Become a Clinical Stage Company | Business Wire - October 21, 2021
- D&D Pharmatech Raises $51M in Series C Financing to Advance Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Neurodegenerative, Fibrotic, and Metabolic Diseases - October 19, 2021