New Pediatric Rare Disease Company, Abri Science, Launches in Baltimore to address Phenylketonuria (PKU)
September 17, 2019, Baltimore, MD – Early Charm Ventures, L2C Partners, and University of the Sciences (USciences) today announced the launch of Abri Science, LLC – an advanced materials company working to improve human health and well-being via the microencapsulation of enzymes.
Abri Science, headquartered in Baltimore, MD, is a startup formed out of a technology transfer collaboration partnership between Early Charm Ventures, a Baltimore-based startup studio that collaborates with academic researchers to convert science to business; L2C Partners, a Philadelphia-based company that provides outsourced technology transfer and commercialization services for higher education and research-focused institutions; and USciences, an institution of higher education and distinguished as the nation’s first college of pharmacy.
Under the technology transfer collaboration, Abri Science becomes one of Early Charm Ventures’ active portfolio companies. With L2C Partners expert assistance in technology transfer and commercialization, the University of the Sciences has licensed its core intellectual property (IP) to Abri Science, leading to the formation of the company which will commercialize USciences’ technology.
In addition to the launch of the company, Abri Science also announced it has been awarded a $225,000 Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase I grant from the US National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK).
Read Full Press Release Here
Abri Science, LLC
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021