GAITHERSBURG, Md. (ABC7) — Across the region, the frustration is growing. People who want to be vaccinated but can’t get an appointment are speaking out.
Natalie Gora is a Montgomery County resident turned away from a Prince George’s County clinic she says, “I don’t think it’s fair.”
Even as the state expands to more than 100 active vaccination locations including grocery stores, the federal government is still only shipping about 10,000 Pfizer and Moderna doses a day to Maryland.
Now the answer and the hope for more vaccines is literally growing in a Maryland factory. Emergent Biosolutions is the sole US manufacturer of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine which is expected to be approved soon.
Read the full article at: wjla.com
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Penn cell therapy pioneer Dr. Carl June wins $1M prize - April 15, 2021
- Rockville’s MacroGenics Enters Research Collaboration with Sweden’s Alligator Bioscience to Develop a Novel Immunotherapy - April 15, 2021
- LGBT+ investment firm Gaingels joins American Gene Technologies’ mission to cure HIV, and other serious human diseases - April 15, 2021
- TEDCO’s Dr. Arti Santhanam: Bringing New Innovations to Market - April 13, 2021
- Arcellx Closes $115 Million Series C Financing to Advance its Pipeline of Adaptive and Controllable Cell Therapies - April 13, 2021