Christy Wyskiel, Head of all Things Entrepreneurship at Johns Hopkins University Featured on NextGen Ventures Podcast
Just four years after joining Johns Hopkins University as a Senior Advisor to the President, Christy Wyskiel is showing how to transform the worlds leading research university into a world leader in commercialization as well. In this short time she has grown VC funding of Hopkins spin-outs from $20M per year to $200M per year. With more than 500 invention disclosures per year and 2,000 patents that are easily searchable via their website their doors are open to entrepreneurs and collaborators who want to help bring their technologies to the real world. As Christy puts it, “We crave the outside business person to engage with us. We have an open door and encourage you to come by.”
Just named to top 10 most important business leaders in Baltimore, Christy discusses her efforts to drive the startup ecosystem at Johns Hopkins, from encouraging student education about entrepreneurship to getting funding for tech companies founded by academics.
If you’re interested in how Johns Hopkins and want to learn more about their technology startup ecosystem, then this is a podcast you won’t want to miss.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- In a Year of Crisis, Maryland Biotech Responds with Leadership - June 8, 2021
- Baltimore’s Port Covington Project Looks To Life Sciences - June 8, 2021
- Maryland Chamber Foundation’s Teacher Externship Program Grows by 766% in 2021 - June 2, 2021
- These life sciences jobs could triple. Inside the big effort to train workers. - May 20, 2021
- Leading coronavirus scientist, Kizzmekia S. Corbett, to join Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to continue vaccine development research - May 12, 2021