Christy Wyskiel, Head of all Things Entrepreneurship at Johns Hopkins University Featured on NextGen Ventures Podcast
Just four years after joining Johns Hopkins University as a Senior Advisor to the President, Christy Wyskiel is showing how to transform the worlds leading research university into a world leader in commercialization as well. In this short time she has grown VC funding of Hopkins spin-outs from $20M per year to $200M per year. With more than 500 invention disclosures per year and 2,000 patents that are easily searchable via their website their doors are open to entrepreneurs and collaborators who want to help bring their technologies to the real world. As Christy puts it, “We crave the outside business person to engage with us. We have an open door and encourage you to come by.”
Just named to top 10 most important business leaders in Baltimore, Christy discusses her efforts to drive the startup ecosystem at Johns Hopkins, from encouraging student education about entrepreneurship to getting funding for tech companies founded by academics.
If you’re interested in how Johns Hopkins and want to learn more about their technology startup ecosystem, then this is a podcast you won’t want to miss.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Gyroscope Therapeutics, which has operations in King of Prussia, raises $148M - March 31, 2021
- TCR² Therapeutics Acquires Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility & New VP of Technical Operations, Aaron Vernon - March 29, 2021
- Frederick Based Biotech Law Firm McBee Moore & Vanik IP, LLC Celebrates Five Years - February 18, 2021
- Heather Mudrick Joins Workforce Genetics to Lead Clinical Search Practice - February 12, 2021
- RNA Disease Diagnostics, Inc. Takes Exclusive License to Cutting-Edge Molecular RNA Diagnostic Platform Technology from UMB and UMBC - February 4, 2021