Photo Credit: Dr. Alexander Sulakvelidze (LinkedIn)
Intralytix Opens New HQ in Columbia, Maryland for Phage Research and Manufacturing Facility
October 7, 2019
On October 4th, 2019, Intralytix officially opened its brand new 33,000 sq. ft. facility in Columbia, Maryland. The new facility is located in the Columbia Gateway Community and will serve as the Company’s new headquarters, including; research and laboratory space, executive offices, and a substantially increased manufacturing facility.
In a previous statement Dr. Alexander Sulakvelidze, the Company’s Executive Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer remarked, “This expansion further solidifies Intralytix’s position as the leading phage company in the world and creates significant opportunities for future growth. This is especially timely now as the enthusiasm for bacteriophage-based products for controlling and treating bacterial pathogens – including multidrug resistant pathogens – is growing worldwide”
Intralytix, Inc. is a privately-held company currently headquartered in downtown Baltimore, Maryland. The company is the world’s leader in bacteriophage technology and was the first company in the world to receive FDA-approval for a phage-based product for food safety applications. Intralytix currently has the world’s largest portfolio of FDA-approved phage-based food safety products on commercial markets. The company holds several bacteriophage technology-related patents, including two U.S. patents (and additional patents pending) on the use of bacteriophages for fine tuning human or animal microbiome (US 7,459,272 B2 and US 8,003,323 B2).
In 2018, Intralytix announced receipt of regulatory clearance from the FDA to commence clinical studies of a new, phage-based formulation designed to target inflammatory bowel disease. These studies commence at Mt. Sinai Hospital later that year.
Most recently, Intralytix, Inc., announced today that is has entered into a joint collaboration agreement with the Eliava Foundation and Ferring Pharmaceuticals to develop and commercialize new and innovative bacteriophage-based drugs in the field of Reproductive Medicine and Women’s Health. The collaboration expands on a growing global focus on the development of microbiome- and bacteriophage-based technologies to address unmet medical needs in different healthcare arenas.
To learn more about Intralytix or its products please visit www.intralytix.com
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Contraline Closes $10.7 Million Series A Financing to Become a Clinical Stage Company | Business Wire - October 21, 2021
- D&D Pharmatech Raises $51M in Series C Financing to Advance Phase 2 Clinical Trials for Neurodegenerative, Fibrotic, and Metabolic Diseases - October 19, 2021
- RoosterBio Names Life Science Industry Leader, Timothy M. Kelly, Ph.D., as New Chief Executive Officer - October 5, 2021
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Awarded Additional $8 Million from U.S. Department of Defense for Clinical Advancement of Phage to Address Unmet Needs in Infectious Diseases - September 30, 2021
- Cartesian Therapeutics to double footprint, headcount in Gaithersburg - September 30, 2021