Virginia Life Science Industry Leaders Gather for Workforce SummitThe Virginia Life Science Workforce Summit was a statewide gathering of life science industry employers, higher education institutions, economic development authorities, HR professionals, and policymakers held this past week on June 21st. VABio hosted the event with the support of many prominent sponsors who, like the attendees, all want to see Virginia be a leader in translating education into successful careers that match the needs of their vibrant Life Sciences industry.
Img Credit: https://twitter.com/NCJohn37/status/1009787315844210693The Summit began with the announcement of a new Cabinet position, the Chief Workforce Development Officer, within the Governor’s office. The new position will complete three primary tasks:
- Build workforce-driven partnerships that are driven by business,
- Develop new pathways for internships and experiential learning, strengthening K-12 to college pathways with hands-on skills, and
- Implement strong performance measurements to make evidence-based decisions moving forward.
Author: Christopher Girdwood Prince William County Department of Economic Development @GirdwoodEcon
The following two tabs change content below.
Over the past 8 years, Chris has grown BioBuzz into a respected brand that is recognized for its community building, networking events and news stories about the local biotech industry. In addition, he runs a Recruiting and Marketing Agency that helps companies attract top talent through a blended model that combines employer branding and marketing services together with a high powered recruiting solution.
Latest posts by Chris Frew (see all)
- Viela Bio Receives U.S. FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Inebilizumab for Treatment of Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder - April 18, 2019
- REGENXBIO Appoints Dr. Steve Pakola as Chief Medical Officer - April 17, 2019
- BioTalk Podcast – Live from the BioHealth Capital Region Forum - April 16, 2019