Judy Costello Appointed as Special Projects Manager, Office of the County Executive at Montgomery County, Maryland
The Office of the County Executive at Montgomery County, Maryland recently announced the appointment of Judy Costello as Special Projects Manager. As Special Projects Manager, Judy supports a wide range of business and economic development-related projects (i.e., business/large employer recruitment and retention, education and workforce, small business and innovation, climate change, and transportation). Her focus covers multiple industries within the County.
“The convergence of our bio, life sciences, and quantum computing industries is a once in a generation economic development opportunity for Montgomery County. We are proud to have Judy Costello’s experience and expertise in this industry and with innovation-led economic development activitiesto help us build collaborations, achieve our goals more quickly, and continue to brand Montgomery County as the epicenter of BIO and innovation throughout this nation and world. We are excited and pleased to have Judy working for the Montgomery County government.” Said Marc Elrich, County Executive of Montgomery County, Maryland
Judy is joining the County after supporting biohealth industry growth initiatives in Maryland, DC, and Virginia while working at BioHealth Innovation in Rockville. Before that, she served as Director of the Maryland Department of Commerce’s Office of BioHealth and Life Sciences and as Deputy Director of the department’s BioMaryland Center. Before working for the state, she served as Executive Director of the Business Alliance for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, where she worked with startups and larger businesses, universities, and economic development groups on projects across industry sectors and academic disciplines to support entrepreneurial and workforce growth, tech transfer, and other business-university partnership activities.
“I’m excited to join a dedicated team of government leaders focused on developing a more inclusive, equitable, growing economy and to meet more of the many hardworking county employees who are busy behind the scenes working to make the county I’ve called home for more than three decades a great place to live,” said Judy Costello, Special Projects Manager, Office of the County Executive at Montgomery County, Maryland.
Latest posts by BioBuzz Media (see all)
- Gaithersburg’s Novavax and European Commission Finalize Advance Purchase Agreement for up to 200 million doses of COVID-19 Vaccine - August 4, 2021
- GlycoMimetics Names Harout Semerjian as New Chief Executive Officer to Succeed Retiring CEO Rachel King - August 4, 2021
- Pioneering Past Informs Future as Budd Bioworks Unveils 300,000 sq. ft. cGMP BioManufacturing Space in Philadelphia - August 2, 2021
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Appoints Robert J. Hopkins, MD, MPH & TM, FACP, FIDSA, to Chief Medical Officer - July 30, 2021
- Delaware allocates additional $10M for Ready-to-Go Lab Space Grants - July 29, 2021